Wednesday 19 October 2011


Autumn



Its getting s-l-o-w-l-y getting colder and edging towards winter. This is my favourite time of year definitely :)
I love everything about Autumn/Winter even when its freezing cold. I haven't posted in what feels like forever, even though I've been reading lots of other people blogs. For the last few months or so I've been busy looking for a different job, thinking about new jewellery ideas for the porcelain doll, trying (and  massively failing :s ) not to spend money on clothes and doing some DIY customisation (if that's a word?)


Makes me sound like I've been super busy but I've still managed to find lots of time to chill out :) This scarf is one that I've had for ages,  I brought it in Asda for about £6 probably about six years ago now. I wanted to customise a scarf by sewing flowers on it for a while. I think it looks really pretty and a bit different



When I took these photos it was right at the beginning of the mini Indian summer that we had, so not all that practical :)




I came across these gloves in a bag of gloves and hats my mum was sorting through on the landing and I love them. They were so soft and warm, perfect for the winter.  I think they might have been my sisters as they are quite small and just about fit. As I was still in a customising mood I sewed this pretty brown lacy fabric along the bottom of the gloves. I really like the way they turned out, I can't wait until it gets a bit colder so I can wear them :)




I received this lovely package in the post a couple of weeks ago. My lovely auntie who owns her own gorgeous gift and vintage-esque shop Indigo Moon sent me some gorgeous things from her shop, with a little note and one of her pretty handmade business cards
(She was the one who suggested that I handmake my own for my jewellery shop)



How gorgeous is this purse? I love it :)
I can't wait to use it on a night out


She filled it with these pretty little vintage-y
buttons :)


I think the heart shaped one with the butterflies on it is my favourite one. I can't wait to do something with them. I hadn't been having the best of days that day so this was a lovely surprise that cheered me up :)


She has her own blog that you can visit here if you like. Its full of gorgeous pictures of her art work and also pictures of the shop, the contents of which I would happily decorate my bedroom with ;)

Lastly, after reading the lovely Milly from Pearls and Poodles post about her cherry bakewell cupcakes I had the urge to make something sweet and yummy when I woke up this morning. I was originally going to make flapjacks, but when I was flipping through one of the cook books in the kitchen I changed my mind and decided to make cookies and brandy snaps.
Please excuse the excess of photos, this is the first time I've ever made anything other than fairy cakes, so I got a little bit carried away with the camera :)







I love brandy snaps they taste so nice.
 I don't like cream, so I have mine with Ice cream
I guess technically mine are more sugar snaps as you put the brandy in the cream...oh well








Burnt my fingers twice rolling the brandy snaps but it was worth it ;)
The recipes were both from this book

love and kisses

x x x x

7 comments:

  1. Totally craving brandy snaps now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty things!! <3 Love the scarf and gloves so kitchy and cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool scarf! And those cookies look so good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow those buttons are beautiful, I'm gonna have to track some down - got a few boring cardis that they'd brighten up! & your gloves look SO toasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn/Winter is my fave time of year too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely...I like your blog! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you! :-)

    Kisses,
    Miriam
    Fashion Crazy Ball and My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry bout your fingers, looks yummy

    ReplyDelete